Thursday, March 31, 2011

You're thirty.... right?

True confessions... I attend Weight Watchers. I've been going for about a month... this time around anyway. I was in the program 5 years ago and lost about 40 lbs. This time, I've been dieting on my own for the past nearly 2 years, but I was losing steam. I just really needed a little extra motivation.

Weight Watchers is great for that. Every week you have to step on the scale and either celebrate your success... or pay the piper for all the fun you had during the week.

Tonight was a celebration!! I stepped on the scale and it kept teetering between a zero and the 9.8 of the next number down. Finally, as it continued settling a little bit more onto the 9.8, my leader told me to hurry and jump off before it changed back to the 0.0 again. I did so and almost jumped for joy at the same time!

I met my goal for the week! 4 amazing lbs!

13 lbs total this month!

AND...

My second gold star!

Not only that, but I surpassed my 5% goal - by a long shot!

It's amazing what a little accountability does for me... well, okay, I have to admit that I rather like the "stars" as well...

... and the cheering and clapping for each person who loses weight and meets a milestone for that week. Normally, this sort of attention wouldn't appeal to me - at all - but in that room full of mostly hefty ladies, it's somehow different. I feel thin.

After I climbed off the scale, my leader informed me that with that last zero, I'd hit a new change level and she needed to re-figure my calorie "Points", because now that I was lighter, my points were going to be a little bit less.

Adrienne (my leader) asked: How tall are you?

5'7", I answered.

"How old are you?" She looked at me trying to size me up. "Thirrrrtttttyyyyy eight????" she guessed. When I laughed out loud she donned her best tone of age superiority (you know the tone... the one people use when they're about to call you "young'un", or some other condescending term which lets you know that they, clearly, see you as an age significantly inferior to theirs), she then said: "You're not in your forties yet, right?"

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

And she was SERIOUS!

Thank you "Natural Instincts" hair color!

Thank you, Adrienne!

I love my leader!

Best night ever!

1 comment: