Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

Today, I made the executive decision that I wasn't going to watch t.v. or play any computer games. Instead, I was going to be disciplined and stay focused, working on my books and doing things that would make for a difference in life! Positive things... like exercise and reading the scriptures.

If for nothing else but the sake of practicing self control, I determined that I would not "partake" of those time obliterating activities... at all.

I think I've pretty much gotten everything done that I intended to do; the horses are fed and Rose is treated with her medicine. I've spent hours finishing any and all corrections to Ghost Train (volume one) and have printed out Volume two. I've cleaned the kitchen and helped Kamaron with his school work. I read Luke 5 and 6, wrote in my journal, stoked the fireplace with fresh wood (numerous times) and even got my Bearby's flight reservations!

After that I danced a jig! (Does that count as exercise?)

Technically, after so much writing my brain is now kind of fried and I'd love to sit back and do something not quite so mentally taxing... except that I made this promise to myself that I would have perfect self control today.

Like the movie, Iron Will, I will press on through the solitude and frostbite of my resolutions! I will not give in and waste time! I will not play those dreadful games that suck all the gray matter from my brain! I will not eat anything that will be wrong for my diet... (yeah, I won't, but the statement doesn't get an enthusiastic exclamation point). Instead, I WILL exercise!

... something more than an Irish jig... and half an hour of farmwork...

I guess, there's really nothing left to do. I'll just get on the treadmill... and while I'm exercising, I'll try to figure out if feeling so brain dead is caused by the 3 year hiatus I've taken from writing any books.

I will try to figure out why, even if I haven't played a single game of spider solitaire, it still feels like all the gray matter is gone forever.

And I will pose other present pertinent ponderings while preambulating. Quizically Quantam Questions, like:

Will I ever get my brain back... in this life?!

Will I ever stop being tired?!

Will this sore throat ever go away?!

Will there ever be a day when donut holes have zero calories for real?!

Will the world really end on December 21, 2012?!

Do great white sharks really hunt in packs, like the velociraptors of Jurrassic Park?!

Is Winnie the Pooh really male?! (Winnie is a girl's name, afterall! Maybe she just has a horribly sounding male voice...)

Was Michael Keaton's first acting role really the Purple Panda on Mr. Rogers' neighborhood?!

And, perhaps most importantly:

Will Mr. Rogers be ressurected with one of those cool zipper sweaters and will he come out of the grave singing: "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor would you be mine? Could you be mine?

*Sigh* I'll be your neighbor, Mr. Rogers!! *Sigh*

Time to exercise and revive those brain cells!

No comments:

Post a Comment